Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Sharing the Joy


We have had a little success as we have been serving our Father in Heaven and sharing the gospel.  After we had taught one father about the gospel and he had felt the spirit bear witness to him of its truthfulness he chose to be baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints by one holding the Priesthood authority.  That authority comes directly from our Heavenly Father and is the power given to man to act in His name and has been restored through the Prophet Joseph Smith.  After he had been baptized he gave me a hug and told me he was so happy.  I told him that I'll bet I am happier than you are.  He could not understand that.  I said that when you can share the joy that you feel in the gospel with others and they can feel that same joy it can make you even happier.  I refer to the scripture in the Doctrine and Covenants 18:15  15And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one asoul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!  I testify that when you can feel that great joy in your life, you want to share it with others so they can have that same joy in their lives.  Scriptures and more can be found at http://lds.org/?lang=eng

No comments:

Post a Comment