Sunday, April 17, 2011

If Ye Love Me...



Today has been a good day.  I really enjoy Sundays and taking the day to attend meetings, partake of the sacrament and listen to the speakers.  I felt the spirit there very strong today and had my testimony strengthened.  It always gives me a spiritual uplift for the week.  I am so thankful for this gospel and for the knowledge that I have of our Heavenly Fathers plan for us and for the joy it brings into my life.  I know that Jesus Christ died for us that all may be resurrected and that he paid for our sins that we may be able to return to our Heavenly Father and live with him again.  All this because he love us, that takes a lot of love.  And all we need to do to show our love for him is to keep his commandments and follow the example of our Savior Jesus Christ.  That is a small price to pay for all that love.  In John 14:15 we read, "If ye love me, keep my commandments."  If we love our Heavenly Father then we will have a desire in our hearts to always keep his commandment.  I love sharing the message of the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ and seeing how it can change people's lives as they come to accept Christ in their lives and have that desire to show their love for him by keeping his commandments.

Have you ever had an experience that made you feel good and brought a lot of happiness to you; or watched a really good movie and these experiences were so good that you wanted to share it with everyone?  Well that is how we feel about this gospel.  It has brought so much joy to our lives, that we want to share it with others.  We want everyone to feel the love of our Heavenly Father for them so that they will want to show their love for him by keeping his commandments.  We know that this is true and we know that by keeping his commandments we will find that true joy in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment