Thursday, April 14, 2011

Love For The People


As my husband and I are serving a mission in the Nashville, Tennessee Mission, we have had lots of great experiences and have had lots of learning experiences.  We have come to love and appreciate our family lots more because of who they are and what they stand for.  We have met some really great people and have grown to love the people here in Tennessee.  As we have worked with the people here we want so very much for them to understand and live the principles of the gospel of Jesus Christ.  We pray that they will accept Christ in their lives and have the faith in Him to repent and be baptized in His Church.  We have a desire that the spirit of the Holy Ghost can bear witness to them that we do have the truth and that it has been restored to the earth in it fullness.

As I was reading in the scriptures, I ran across a scripture that expressed the feelings of my heart for those that I have come to love and care for.  It is in the Book of Mormon, Alma 13:27-29


27And now, my brethren, I awish from the inmost part of my heart, yea, with great banxiety even unto pain, that ye would hearken unto my words, and cast off your sins, and not cprocrastinate the day of your repentance;

28But that ye would humble yourselves before the Lord, and call on his holy name, and awatch and pray continually, that ye may not be btempted above that which ye can bear, and thus be cled by the Holy Spirit, becoming humble, dmeek, submissive, patient, full of love and all long-suffering;
29aHaving faith on the Lord; having a hope that ye shall receive eternal life; having the blove of God always in your hearts, that ye may be lifted up at the last day and enter into his crest.
http://lds.org/scriptures/bofm/alma/13.27-29?lang=eng#26

I just know that what we teach is the truth and that by having faith in Christ and living his gospel that has been restored is the only way we can return to live with him again and have true joy in our lives and in the life hereafter.

No comments:

Post a Comment