Monday, April 4, 2011

Real Joy


I would like to tell you a little about Joy.  Joy is me.  That is my name.  My mother said they gave me that name because I brought so much joy into their life.  I was their bundle of Joy and was my parents first child.  While growing up I did not think much about my name, it was just my name just like any other name.  It was not until much later in my life that I started to thinking about it.  I then realized that I had a great responsibility to live up to that name and that I was suppose to bring joy to others.  Then I began to realize that I also needed to feel joy for myself and to be happy, especially if I was to make others happy.  Joy is a feeling of great happiness or it is something that makes you feel very happy or pleased.  

I know that it is because of the gospel of Jesus Christ that I can feel joy in my life.  It is because of the Plan of Happiness or the Plan of Salvation that was set up by our Heavenly Father.  It is because we know where we came from, why we are hear and where we are going when this life is over.  I feel joy when I feel love in our family and I know that if we live the principles of the gospel we can all be together again in the next life.  My parents have passed on and I know that I will be able to see them again and feel of their love for me.  I hope and pray that they will be pleased with me when I meet them again.  

In 3 John 1:4 is reads, "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth."  I have learned over the years that it is more important to me and I feel the greatest joy when I know that my children and grandchildren are living the principles of the gospel and living a good life of faithfulness.  

I have also learned that as my husband and I serve a mission hear in Tennessee, we have felt that great joy when we have been able to see others accept the gospel and have come to feel that joy in their lives.  We are more than happy to share the joy we feel with others. Check this place out for answers.    http://mormon.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment