Sunday, May 15, 2011

Stop and Turn


I am not sure just what I want to talk about, so I am going to put down a few things that seem to be going through my head.  We had a great conference meeting this morning at church.  We watched a broadcast directly from Salt Lake City, Utah and were able to listen to some encouraging and strengthening words from four great leaders.  It was a spiritual experience.  I always enjoy getting the instructions from our leaders.  This gospel is a great influence on my life.  I know that it is the truth and I love the direction it gives me to live my life and the hope that I feel for me and my family as I strive for Eternal life and a chance to live with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.  I know that families can be eternal, what a great thing to look forward to.

We seem to have some very mixed emotions as we are coming to the end of an era in our life.  We are planning on leaving the Tennessee Nashville Mission in about two weeks.  We have been teaching and encouraging others for 14 months to join the church, to follow Jesus Christ and our Fathers Plan of Salvation and to find the joy that we have found in being a member of His great Church.  We have come to love the people here very much.  They have found a place in our hearts and we will never forget them.  It is with mixed feeling that we turn our thoughts towards our home in Utah.  We are excited to see our family and grandchildren.  I am excited to get back into my kitchen.  Sometimes I just want to be in two places at the same time.  But life goes on and now we hope that we can move forward and be able to serve others as well as our family back home.  Maybe we can help to make a difference in the life of some one there and we do hope that we have made a difference in the life of a few people here in this great place.

Life is made up of stop signs and turns as we travel down this road of life.  We do something for a while and then we stop and make a turn and go on in another direction.  We are approaching the stop sign and now need to make a turn and go on.  What is most important is that we follow Jesus Christ and focus on that eternal goal and never forget that final destination of life with our Father in Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment